Saturday, May 26, 2007

Big Country Revisited, 24 May

This day's events required some persuasion. Kerry worries about the consequences of errors on multi-pitch routes, and leading on gear makes her justifiably shivery too. I wanted to do both. And after insisting over and over that yes, I really did want to, that I had led it before, and that we could bail from almost any point she was somehow persuaded and we went to Long Wall.

I led Big Country again.


The day that I led that route last year is still probably my favorite day of life. But I got to remind myself of one of the best bits about climbing: sometimes you end up way high up.


Again, I gotta get those pics from Kerry. I imagine they will show me with my helmet askew and hair flying everywhich way, but (again) looking happy enough to compensate.


We took our time (which ended up making me too late for a birthday ding back home, sob!) and most of the route was much less intimidating this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home