Saturday, May 26, 2007

Left Flank, 23 May with Kerry

Kerry & I took some days off work to climb this week. I was still cut up from climbing a crack with no tape on Sunday, but the sport day we had at Left Flank on Wednesday didn't add too much to my scabbiness. We climbed almost everything there that was even remotely within our abilities. (We didn't do Fast Food Christians, dammit, but everything else rated up to 10s we did.)

We hung a top-rope on an 11a (Maypop) just after our warm up on Mr. Bungle.

I don't actually CLIMB routes above about a 10b, I just hang & move up, over and over. So of course I cooked my forearms on that one route and was pretty useless for the rest of the day. This meant that Kerry had to lead every route, which I half expected her to be mad about. But she wasn't! She just choked her fear and applied the stick clip over and over.

(I did lead Face Up to That Crack, mostly because I have a grudge against that route. Kerry led it too.)

It's scary to take pictures of somebody leading while you're lead belaying them, so Kerry took all the photos. I will be relying on her kindness to motivate you to look at this post... and it could take a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home