Saturday, December 09, 2006

plan for the winter


This blog has to survive the indoor season somehow. My current plan is to upload one photo or so per week from the huge archive from this summer and last year. This will perpetuate my thrilling everything-out-of-order pattern and keep my readers guessing. (Sorry. But at least you won't be bored!)

This is a picture of Craig Luebben, who taught my partners and me to climb trad. He's a hot shot (senior editor for 'Climbing', a prodigious climber, and on and on) but also a sweetie. Here he is slacking on the job. He had been living out of his car for a few weeks -- maybe months? -- while teaching clinics at our gym and at the Red, and developing some new routes in Muir Valley. We convinced him to stay a couple extra days (should have offered him a room too) to teach us a bit about placing gear. He may now be divorced because of it.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger ynot said...

I've said it before. "You aren't a real climber till you have slept on a rock."

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger terry said...

dude! is that all i have to do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home