Monday, November 13, 2006

Defending my photographs

ok so ynot criticized my pics here and i'd like to defend myself (even though the fact that he is such a great photographer makes it seem unlikely that i can) but i don't even know what is wrong with mine! critics can be so unhelpful.

there's only one photo that i have posted so far that seems in any way un-terrific (to me).
it's the very first one in the previous post, because it's like one of those paintings in which some stupid person tried to depict the entire battle of agincourt at once, what with rich people being taken hostage over here, and noblemen lopping off heads over there, and masses of poor people squashing each other everywhere else except on a nearby hillside where a family has decided to have a picnic -- with entertainment.

i know photographs are supposed to have a focus! but that was a candid group shot and i would have felt guilty trimming people out, even poor a. whose patootie was prominently displayed. however, if i HAD to give it a focus, here is what i would have done:

eric learns to tape his hands.



i'm debating taking another shot of the holes i recently discovered in the crotch of my climbing pants. sans me in them, of course.

probably won't do it.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger ynot said...

Hey ! I was kidding!I guess you couldn't tell.Maybe it wasn't funny enough. Most of my pics don't turn out either,but I use a disposable camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home